Get The Most Out of Your AC Unit & Save Money, Too
As the summer temperatures begin to hit their highest peaks, you’ll want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your AC unit, while also saving money on energy costs. Here are a few ways to maximize your AC unit’s performance.
1. Schedule Regular Maintenance
Maintenance will work in your favor on multiple levels.
- Cleaning will get rid of dirt and grime buildup that can lead to costly repairs.
- Lubricating any moving components will work to reduce wear and tear from friction, as well as reduce energy use by making the unit work more efficiently.
- Tightening loose mechanical components within the system will lead to more efficient operation, saving you money on energy bills and reducing the risk of surprise breakdowns.
- During maintenance, experienced technicians will find any issues and immediately repair them before they have the chance to worsen and perhaps result in unexpected system failure.
When you sign up for a Comfort First HVAC Maintenance Agreement we’ll provide AC maintenance in the spring to prepare your system for the warm months ahead.
2. Save Energy With Ceiling fans
Although ceiling fans won’t actually reduce the temperature in a room, they will create a cooling effect from the breeze they produce. In fact, a ceiling fan can make a room feel as much as 10° cooler. So turn on a fan and let the air circulate and you can turn your thermostat up by a few degrees. When you do this, your AC won’t have to work as strenuously, saving energy and reducing wear and tear on components.
3. Regularly Replace Air Filters
When your filters are dirty and clogged, it makes it harder for your AC system to filter debris and work efficiently. It is recommended to change filters at least every 90 days, and more often if you have pets or family members with allergies. AC efficiency can be increased by 5% to 15% when filters are regularly changed.
Call Comfort First For All Your AC Needs
Call us today at (919) 777-1777 for AC services including repair, maintenance and installation. Our expert HVAC technicians are highly trained and experienced and always work to bring you 5 star service so that you’ll have cool air throughout the high summer temperatures.